- RSS Channel Showcase 1911597
- RSS Channel Showcase 3256240
- RSS Channel Showcase 4828199
- RSS Channel Showcase 1740086
Articles on this Page
- 05/18/17--08:43: _Pet Wellness Assess...
- 06/01/17--08:13: _June Special at The...
- 06/07/17--09:06: _Mixing Kibble with ...
- 06/13/17--08:33: _10 Fresh Foods to S...
- 06/15/17--11:30: _Are Probiotics Good...
- 06/29/17--09:34: _Facts About Heartworm
- 07/12/17--14:05: _Brookside Landing P...
- 07/13/17--07:35: _5 Reasons to Feed Y...
- 07/14/17--12:33: _Lees Summit Landing...
- 07/24/17--08:26: _5 Ways to Boost You...
- 08/28/17--09:35: _Celebrate National ...
- 08/28/17--11:44: _Wellness Assessment...
- 09/14/17--15:02: _3 Big Nutrition Mes...
- 09/26/17--09:14: _Reasons You Should ...
- 09/28/17--07:26: _Need Digestive Help?
- 10/05/17--13:58: _Raw Diets for Dogs:...
- 10/17/17--12:00: _The Benefits of Coc...
- 11/14/17--08:10: _Chain of Hope Needs...
- 05/18/17--08:43: Pet Wellness Assessment Kit
- 06/01/17--08:13: June Special at The Barkery
- 06/07/17--09:06: Mixing Kibble with Raw? Here’s the Problem…
- 06/13/17--08:33: 10 Fresh Foods to Share With Your Pet
- 06/15/17--11:30: Are Probiotics Good for Your Pet?
- 06/29/17--09:34: Facts About Heartworm
- 07/12/17--14:05: Brookside Landing Page- AW
- 07/13/17--07:35: 5 Reasons to Feed Your Dog Raw Honey
- 07/14/17--12:33: Lees Summit Landing Page- AW
- 07/24/17--08:26: 5 Ways to Boost Your Dog’s Immune System
- 08/28/17--09:35: Celebrate National Holistic Pet Day
- 08/28/17--11:44: Wellness Assessment Kit Feedback
- 09/14/17--15:02: 3 Big Nutrition Messages for Cat Guardians
- 09/26/17--09:14: Reasons You Should Supplement Raw Goat’s Milk
- 09/28/17--07:26: Need Digestive Help?
- 10/05/17--13:58: Raw Diets for Dogs: Are They Better?
- 10/17/17--12:00: The Benefits of Coconut Oil
- 11/14/17--08:10: Chain of Hope Needs Our Help.
Many pet owners come to the Barkery for advice regarding their pet’s food allergies and environmental sensitivities. Eating the wrong food or being in the wrong environment can put stress on your pet that leads to itchiness, redness, dry skin, sneezing, vomiting, paw chewing, and more. Changing your dogs diet could improve its quality of life. […]
We’re offering major savings this month for both dog and cat guardians! Zignature Dog Food Zignature recipes contain quality ingredients sourced worldwide with your pet’s best interest in mind. Zignature’s limited ingredient philosophy results in optimal hypo-allergenic, low glycemic nutrition with animal protein first. Your dog is sure to love one or more of Zignature’s […]
There are a bunch of reasons to feed both kibble and raw at the same time. Maybe you’re switching your dog to raw, but need to mix both together to avoid digestive upset. Maybe 100 percent raw isn’t in your budget. Haven’t you heard that a little fresh food is better than none? Mixing these […]
At the Barkery, we believe in feeding your pet a fresh, carefully balanced diet. The wonderful thing about homemade diets is being able to pick your own ingredients. You pick the quality of meat and veggies because you select the food yourself. Research shows that offering any amount of fresh food to your dog is beneficial. Maybe you […]
Probiotic supplements are everywhere. You may be taking one. But is it necessary to give probiotics to your dog or cat? Probiotics are nutritional supplements that contain live microorganisms (bacteria and/or yeast) that aim to improve health and digestion. They are typically used to improve the gastrointestinal tract. Consider a dog with diarrhea, for example. […]
“To judge by your local veterinarian’s stern insistence on regular heartworm pills for your dog, you’d think we’re in the midst of a brutal epidemic, leaving piles of the dead in its wake. I think there’s an epidemic too, but of a different sort: of disease-causing toxicity instilled in our pets by heartworm preventative pills.” […]
Raw honey is one of nature’s most powerful and versatile remedies – even for dogs! This article from Whole Dog Journal explains how you can use raw honey on your dog for these various ailments. Local Raw Honey Relieves Dogs’ Skin Allergies Medical research supports the use of local honey to combat environmental allergies. “Local” […]
Hotspots. Diabetes. Ear Infections. Cancer. What do all of these prevalent pet diseases have in common? The immune system, or more accurately, an unbalanced immune system. Holistic medicine views these diseases as part of a larger picture to be addressed as a whole, based on proper immune system function. Since the immune system is such […]
National Holistic Pet Day (August 30) comes once a year, but pet owners should take measures to prioritize the health of their pets from a holistic perspective on a year-round basis. Dr. Patrick Mahaney VMD, CVA, CVJ shares his perspective on some holistic ways to promote your pet’s best quality of life. Prevent Obesity by […]
Sadly, estimates are that over half of kitty companions over the age of 10 suffer from chronic kidney disease (CKD), which is also referred to as chronic renal disease or chronic renal failure. There are many causes of CKD in cats, but one of the most common and preventable influences is a dry food diet. […]
For those that don’t know, goat’s milk has been hailed as one of the most complete, natural food sources known to man. Raw, unpasteurized goat milk is full of vital nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, electrolytes, protein and fatty acids, and it’s more digestible than cow’s milk. Not only is it safe to give your dog or cat goat’s milk, […]
If your dog has diarrhea or digestive issues, you may want to stop in the Barkery for some Flora4. Flora4 Ground Sprouted Seeds Food Topper simplifies the chore of learning how to effectively supplement live probiotics, plant enzymes, phytonutrients and whole food vitamins and minerals that are lacking in an all-meal diet. This beneficial supplement […]
The idea of feeding raw food to your pet tends to divide us into two groups – either it makes sense to you to feed a biologically appropriate diet, or it may strike you as completely unsanitary and borderline barbaric. Regardless of your point of view, raw is the fastest growing sector of the pet food market. […]
People everywhere are discovering the wonders that coconut oil can create. From hair and skincare to digestive and immune health, coconut oil’s popularity is continuing to grow. You may be wondering – if coconut oil is good for me, is it just as good for my pet? Holistic Veterinarian Dr. Karen Becker explains the benefits […]
Do you know what Chain of Hope is? If the answer is no, it’s time to remedy that. Chain of Hope (CoH) is like a lot of local Kansas City area rescue organizations in that it’s run by some of the most compassionate people you’ll ever meet. People with huge hearts. But they’re also among […]